DIY Faux Fur Collars, Scarves and Neckwarmers

11:34 AM

Tutorial from Elegant Musings


I am transitioning my wardrobe from fall to winter and I woke up to snow today.  This has me dreaming of making fur accessories to add to my wardrobe.  I love fur collars.  This tutorial from elegant musings is for a detachable collar.  You could add it to any sweater you want.  You could also make a fur collar that ties with a ribbon like the tutorial below from Express Yourself.
I found so many great ideas for DIY fur accessories that I split all of them up into 2 postings.  Part 2 has tutorials on how to make a fur vest, headband, and a fur bootie to make any boot into a fur boot.  They are all super easy and cute, none require a sewing machine.

Tutorial from Express Yourself
Or you could make one using a broach or snap as a closure from the tutorial made by Sew Petite Gal.
Tutorial from Sew Petite Gal
Love Megan has a great tutorial for a fur neck warmer (or funnel scarf) and scarf. 
tutorial from Love Megan
scarf tutorial from Love Megan

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

How to Tailor Clothes Series

Start Our Free Sewing Class