Dreamy DIY Ideals To Transform Your Home Into A Romantic Getaway at Night

4:10 PM

How cool is the DIY Pearl Strand Lamp from Chez Fifi?  Talk about dramatic and romantic
Since it's July and a heat index of 105-110 here for the week, and the garden is finally done, I'm staying inside with the air conditioner and indulging in my inner interior designer.  Since moving into our pre WWII house we have decorated our finished part of the house.  We are laying off of big projects this year due to the fact that we have too many other things going on in our lives right now.  But we plan to finish all the little projects and add all the final decorative touches before we move to bigger projects next year.


Love this lighted bird cage from Interior Inspirations your could hang this up as well and you could use candles instead.
While looking for ideals I found some really cool ideas about how to light up a boring space and create a romantic spot in your home.  I like the ideal of your home looking completely different at night.  When my husband and I hang out I like to make the atmosphere feel different so even if we're just spending the night at home it still feels like a date night.  I thought I'd share my favorite ideals.  I'll  most likely be entertaining myself watching HGTV and starting my home decor projects soon so look for more home decor posts to come soon.
tulle string lights this would be an easy DIY or you could buy it on etsy

This lighted Doiley Wreath From Martha Steward would be great in a shabby chic design, summer beach style, or for winter.  I bet it would be really pretty at night with candles lit by it as pictured
Why Not Have Your Walls Light Up?    Check out this cool walpaper by designer Jonas Samson
Light sculpture from Valérie Boy via  from Apartment Therapy
What says romance more than candles?  Of course there are plenty of choices of DIY ideals for candle holders, below are my favs.  I prefer nature inspired candle holders. I usually use only real candles in our fireplace and use battery operated "candles" due to my cat.  I have found it still looks like a real candle if you have the right holder. I get my battery operated candles at the dollar store.
Check Out this twig candle holder tutorial from fossil life style blog
Love this beachy oyster shell candle holder for summer learn how to make at Waterside Cottage styles

Check out this tutorial on Curbly to learn how to make this romantic center piece
 
http://ohyoucraftygal.blogspot.com ©Oh You Crafty Gal! 2011-2012 All rights reserved.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

How to Tailor Clothes Series

Start Our Free Sewing Class