Free Lauren Headband and Earwarmer Pattern

1:53 PM


Living in MN we have long enough time to wear hats and other winter attire, so I wanted to make a headband ear warmer that blends in with my hair for those days when your not sure if you should wear a hat or not. 


Living in MN we have long enough time to wear hats and other winter attire, so I wanted to make a headband ear warmer that blends in with my hair for those days when your not sure if you should wear a hat or not. I love the ideal that it looks almost like a hairstyle.  I had the ideal for this last year after seeing a picture Julia Tyoshenko with her hair braided as if it was a headband.  I've seen other stars (Lauren Conrad and Zoe Deschanel)  rocking this look since well as well (in a hair style that is) seen pictured below.
Lauren Conrad image found via Viva Fashions
Zoe Deschanel via Kidzworld

This headband is just barely wide enough to cover your ears.  I tried to make it wider (18 stitches wide) and I found out anything much wider than 8 stitches will not look right when you try to braid it.

 The finished headband is about 21" long and 2 1/4" wide (each of the 3 strands should be about an inch wide).  If you don't want to make this and would rather buy it check out in my Etsy shop.

Gauge = 4 stitches per inch

Abbreviations:
K - knit
P - purl

What you need:
  • Size 8 (5 mm) knitting needles
  • worsted weight yarn (about 160 yards) I used Lion Brand Fisherman's wool
  • Yarn needle
  • Large safety pin
  • Scissors
Pattern:
  • Cast on 8 stitches. 
  • Row 1 (right side) K1, *p1, k1; repeat from * to end. (K1 P1 ribbing) 
  • Repeat row 1 (knit in knits and purl into purls until your piece measures about 25″ (or what will best fit your head) and bind off end
  • Repeat for 2 more sections  (you should have 3 sections)
  • Secure all three strips (sections) together with safety pin and braid 
  • Thread needle with yarn and sew together all ends into a circle
  • weave in any remaining threads
            http://ohyoucraftygal.blogspot.com ©Oh You Crafty Gal! All rights reserved.

Check out my other free patterns:
 

Free Twisted Rib Large Mug Cozy Knitting Pattern with Videos

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

How to Tailor Clothes Series

Start Our Free Sewing Class